Bringing the Contentful brand into the product
Updated Contentful Brand
Empty states redesign process
Space home redesign process
Usability testing results before the brand refresh
- Editors felt the onboarding flow did not meet their expectations. Users felt overwhelmed by all of the content
- Users did not understand product-specific concepts based on information presented during onboarding process and space home (e.g. content type, spaces).
- Users who felt they understood it had a skewed understanding: they didn’t realize it was an example app, they thought it was their Contentful onboarding
- There is a 46% drop in engagement between the 1st step to second step
- There is a 85% drop in engagement from the 2nd step to 3rd step
Usability testing results after the brand refresh
- Editors feel there is consistent communication from the marketing site to the web app.
- Users understand that the example app is a sample education course catalog. And Users did not express feeling overwhelmed, at all!
- Users did not express any confusion about terms.
- Users expressed interest in previewing the sample content first, then exploring and modifying content once they understand what they’re looking at.
- Users feel that the case studies are nice to have available to explore.
- Users feel the experience is meant for them